JobConnections (UK) Ltd

Education - Immigration - Recruitment

Employer FAQs

I am an employer and I’m thinking of employing an overseas worker. What should I do?

Are you a registered UKVI Tier 2 sponsor? If not, you will need to apply to become a Tier 2 sponsor in order to employ an overseas worker.

If you are a Tier 2 sponsor, you will need to ensure that you have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) allocation in the relevant category. Because of the current location or immigration needs of your overseas worker, you may need to apply for an allocation of restricted CoS.

What is a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

A Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is an electronic document that acts as your skilled worker’s sponsorship. It is a mandatory document that must be assigned to your worker when they apply for their Tier 2 (General) visa.

How long does it take to process a CoS?

Completing a CoS is not a long process. However, before you assign it to your worker we recommend that you send it to us for checking. This will help correct any mistakes and will also let you know if there is any additional information required.

Do I need a CoS for every overseas worker?

A CoS is required for every foreign national worker you wish to employ, unless they currently hold Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, British Citizenship or EU citizenship.

What is a Tier 2 category?

Tier 2 has replaced the work permit route. It is specifically for skilled workers.

How can I prevent illegal working in my organisation?

You will need to ensure that you have proofof  the right to work in the UK for each of your employees.

Our Preventing illegal working support service can also help you prevent this happening in your organisation.

How do I know that I have a ‘skilled worker’ and how I can apply for a work permit for them?

We will assist you in screening your applicant. We will also ask you for a job description and information relating to your company. This will help us determine whether your job vacancy is for a skilled job, in line with the current Codes of Practice.

I run a healthcare organisation and have vacancies that cannot currently be filled by EU citizens. What should I do?

We can assist you with any nursing vacancies you may have. Call (+44) 01342 314411 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.

I am interested in your full immigration services for employers.

Call (+44) 01342 314411 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.

I would like to recruit one of your overseas nurses for an ONP placement.

 First, we would need to establish that you have Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) available for the nurse. Then, we set up interviews for you with suitable applicants who have been screened by Job Connections UK. Once you have chosen your overseas nurse, we will assist you with CoS verification and all the paperwork required – including providing your nurse with assistance for visa packaging – so you can employ the nurse.


The UK immigration process can, at the best of times, be complex, confusing and bureaucratic. It is also subject to frequent changes and, as such, it can be difficult to keep up-to-date with the latest updates ... more


We currently have a wide range of vacancies for jobseekers looking for jobs in the healthcare sector in the UK ... more

UK Visas

We provide specialist immigration services to individuals and their family members. These include: UK settlement visa, UK fiancé visa, applying for British citizenship and UK dependants’ visa  ... more

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information